Monday, January 14, 2019

Not a Good Way to End/Start a Year





Plenty of thoughts, not enough time to write. Or not well enough to write.

I've been battling flu-like symptoms since the turn of the year, and yeah, I can definitely say that I've been sick all year.

During the holidays, my wife chose to accept an invite to spend a christmas eve with one of our friends. It was already pre-planned among friends, and they were the host this year (or last year). Unfortunately, their entire household were sick. I voiced my reservations, but my wife wanted to go. Fast forward to the NYE,  same group of friends at another house, and majority of us were sick. Now we're here.

I'm such a flu/cough/cold magnet, I could go to church and sit front row, and if there's somebody sick all the way to the back and would sneeze, I'd probably get sick the following day.

For such an active person (I go to the gym pretty much everyday to workout or to play ball), I get sick waaaaay too often. My wife who's as sedentary as they come, don't get sick at all.

When it comes to coughing, here's my list of what I would normally drink:

  1. Benylin
  2. Robitussin
  3. Life/Equate brand version of Benylin
  4. Buckley's
Benylin is costly, as they have different cough medication for different situations. However, it's what works for me. I just couldn't be bothered with Buckley's, even though it soothes the throat much better for the first hour upon taking it.

It's the accompanying occasional migraine that I'm getting that's paralyzing me. It could be a coincidence that it manifested around the same time as the flu-like symptoms started. Or it could be a sign that I need a better prescription. Man, Lasik is starting to get tempting.

"Googling" "Signs it's time to change your eyeglasses" led me to this article.

Based on the article above, here's the checklist:

  • Headaches: Yes
  • Squinting: When driving, the street signs are starting to be a challenge
  • Eye fatigue: I'm not really sure, but my eyes recently got bloodshot and it's probably from the strain from looking at my monitor at work and my phone in between.
  • Blurred Vision: No
  • Old Glasses: Yes. I've had the same prescription in almost 4 years now
I'm back after this coming Boston Celtics game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round 2 - Games 1 and 2 Rotations

 Game 1 Rotation for the Raptors and Sixers Game 2 Rotation for the Raptors and Sixers