Sunday, December 16, 2018

Overreaction: Game 29+30 - He's Alive!

Note: This post covers the back-to-back games @Clippers and @Warriors




I was frustrated with Kyle Lowry's play up until the back-to-back, yet I never gave up on him. I knew he was due for a game like the one that he had with the Warriors, but the Clippers was like an extra dessert that I don't deserve after a full meal. the way Lowry and the gang molested the Warriors and Clippers on a back-to-back can make any man on Toronto's path sweat. Like this.


A few things that I'd like to touch upon based on these two games:


  • Lowry's 3pt shot is still shaky, so that's something to keep an eye on
  • There's just a better ball movement and activity from Lowry whenever Kawhi is not on the floor
  • This ball movement+lowry+kawhi situation is for Nick Nurse to fix, not Lowry
  • Siakam's spin moves are now on opposing team's scouting report, and the defenders are expecting it. Siakam needs to develop a counter. Could a counter-spin to his first spin be the answer????
  • Sucks to lose JV, and while I don't really know if it was a dirty play by Draymond Green, he's starting to build up the reputation, and I'm leaning towards "maybe"
  • CJ Miles showed some life and was key to that crucial 3rd quarter against the Dubs. Amazing what happens when he does the things that he's expected to do on the court
  • Fred VanVleet's resurgence, it feels like Nurse's experimentation making him the main ball handler earlier this season ironed out some kinks and while he may not be dropping 14 dimes anytime soon, I feel confident to see him as the main offence initiator
  • Who knew we can generate some offence running a Danny Green post-up? I'm shook.
  • I'm really impressed how Siakam can defend KD. Before it scares me whenever Siakam would go on up against the KDs, Giannis, LeBron -- I love his confidence D'ing up these monsters
  • Also, Fuck Clippers




No comments:

Post a Comment

Round 2 - Games 1 and 2 Rotations

 Game 1 Rotation for the Raptors and Sixers Game 2 Rotation for the Raptors and Sixers