Friday, October 19, 2018

Overreaction: Game 2/82 - Who's the best team in the East again?

  • Kawhi scares me, and the man is hella rusty.  Just imagine if he's back to form.
  • Siakam got the start again, this time with Ibaka. He had his moments, but it wasn't a good game for him. Still a work in progress.
  • Speaking of Ibaka - I apologize to #mafuzzy #aveclasse Serge Ibaka. I was expecting a good game from him based on the opposing team, but I was not expecting him to be REALLY GOOD!
  • OG had a lowkey good game - 9pts on 4-6 shooting with one 3pt make, but he was part of the stifling closing 5 for the Raps.
  • I really feel that FVV is over-dribbling at times -- and I think that's mainly because the players were too slow to go through their offensive sets. Once they get more reps, I expect the ball to stick less and see a much more fluid ball movement.
  • Long shot, long rebound. At least, that was ingrained to me as a wannabe baller growing up. Yet the Raps can't figure that part out. Two games in, and they're bleeding offensive rebounds. If it weren't for those miscues, they would be blowing the Cavs and the Celtics out of the water.
  • Kyle Lowry is at his best when he is the best role player on the team. He was all over the floor tonight, and it was a good thing. He had enough to come up with the clutch shots late in the game.
  • If I am those other GMs, I'd monitor the Jaylen Brown situation closely. I thought he played well enough to close the game yet Brad Stevens went with Scary Terry.
  • I actually downplayed the importance of this game when I was asked by my friends and coworkers today - I told them that hey, Kawhi is still getting his conditioning, Hayward and Kyrie are coming back from surgeries, and these two teams won't look the same 2 months from now. But damn, it felt like a playoff game tonight.
  • Are we still doubting Nick Nurse? I know it's only 2 games, but these are 2 games that looked drastically different from what we've seen last year -- and he's pushed the right buttons on key situations.
  • It'll be fun to rewatch the game again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round 2 - Games 1 and 2 Rotations

 Game 1 Rotation for the Raptors and Sixers Game 2 Rotation for the Raptors and Sixers